Steel City Portable Planer 13 inch Helical Head with CARBIDE CUTTERS
Steel City Portable Planer 13 inch Helical Head with CARBIDE CUTTERS 40300HC
Helical cutterheads run significantly quieter and provide improved overall quality of finish compared to straight-knife cutterheads. They also greatly simplify blade maintenance since a nicked cutter can easily be rotated to a fresh edge instead of having to resharpen or replace an entire knife.
With its patented segmented, cutterhead design, Steel City is the first company to bring a helical-style benchtop planer to market at an affordable price.
Our Steel City model 40300HC portable planer uses 26 two-sided carbide indexed cutting inserts for superb edge retention. The cutters are arranged in straight rows in a staggered pattern around the cutterhead in a way that greatly reduces noise as well as improving chip removal compared to planer knives mounted in a conventional cutterhead. Note that the cutting edges are NOT positioned at a shear angle to the stock on this cuttehead.
The Steel City 40300HC planer's footprint is 12-1/2" x 20" and it will fit on either our Shop Fox Tool Table or our HTC Tool Table.Specifications
- Two year Warranty
- 15 Amp, 120V, 60Hz Motor
- Toggle switch with Removable Key
- 12.6 inch x 9 inch Infeed and Outfeed tables
- 2-1/2 inch or 4 inch dust chute
- Polyurethane Feed Rollers
- 13 inch maximum stock width
- 6 inch maximum stock thickness
- 1/8 inch minimum stock thickness
- 1/8 inch maximum depth of cut in 6 inch wide stock
- 1/16 inch maximum depth of cut in 13 inch wide stock
- 26 2-sided Carbide indexable inserts
- 10,000 RPM Cutterhead Speed
- 2 inch Diameter Cutterhead
- 26 FPM Feed Rate
- 32 cuts per inch
The steel city 40300HC 13 inch Helical Planer with Carbide Cutters comes with a 2 Year Warranty.
Notice to residents of California: Click here to view Proposition 65 warning