Proxim Tsunami MP.11a 5054 Residential Subscriber Unit, 5054-RSU
Proxim 5054-RSU Proxim Tsunami MP.11a 5054 Residential Subscriber Unit, 5054-RSUThe Tsunami MP.11 family offers robust and affordable wireless point-to-multipoint connectivity ideal for metropolitan area networks, campus networking and last mile access. Model 5054 (MP.11a) operates in the 5 GHz spectrum and Model 2411 (MP.11) operates in the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Tsunami MP.11 products enable the instant creation of wireless WANs for enterprises, service providers and schools. Superior Performance for a Broad Range of Enterprise and Service Provider Applications The Tsunami MP.11 family offers the industry’s highest performance and scalability for a variety of wireless WAN applications including last mile access, security and surveillance and metropolitan networks.
- Advanced Wireless Outdoor Routing Protocol (WORP) polling technique delivers up to 24 Mbps of usable throughput1
- System dynamically adapts to the number of subscribers in the network for highest efficiency
- OFDM technology, enhances non-line of sight performance1 improving deployment in challenging areas
Mobile Roaming Enables New Applications Proxim innovation delivers another wireless industry first - mobile roaming of Subscriber Units (SU) between Base Station Units (BSU). Public safety first responder networks, transportation system monitoring and telemetry and mobile security and surveillance are now all possible with a low cost, robust system.
- Fast handoff at speeds up to 200 km per hour (120 miles per hour)
- Customizable roaming parameter maintains minimum bandwidth required for application performance
Designed for Business and Residential Last Mile Deployment Service providers enjoy advanced features with the Tsunami MP.11 family, enabling faster and easier revenue generation. The Tsunami MP.11 family is designed with service providers in mind.
- Deliver multiple service plans simply with RADIUS based bandwidth management
- Asymmetric bandwidth management allows service providers to upsell uplink bandwidth
- Dynamic Data Rate Selection (DDRS)1 maximizes subscriber coverage by allowing each subscriber to receive the maximum data rate possible
- Up to 250 subscribers per BSU - 1500 per cell site - minimize CAPEX costs per subscriber
Advanced Security Protects Privacy Multiple security mechanisms protect operator, residential customer and enterprise privacy.
- Proxim’s Wireless Outdoor Routing Protocol (WORP) prevents snooping common to Wi-Fi systems
- Advanced encryption protects over-the-air transmission
- Intracell blocking forbids direct communication between Subscriber Units
- BSU and SU mutual authentication eliminates unauthorized use of system by rogue SUs and man-in-the middle attacks
- Password protection of all remote management methods ensures authorized access
Easy to Deploy and Manage Ease of deployment and integration with the wired network are critical factors in a successful rollout. Tsunami MP.11 family excels with key capabilities that simplify deployment.
- DDRS employs adaptive modulation delivering optimum performance under all link conditions, mitigating service calls
- Both business and self-installable residential Subscriber Units are available for a variety of customer types
- Deployment tools including antenna alignment and remote management and configuration eliminate the need for truck rolls
- Standard type-N connector and wide variety of antennas provide support for up to 6 sectors per cell site
Click for data sheet (.pdf)