Cisco® Catalyst® 2960 Series Switches, WS-C2960G-24TC-L
Cisco® Catalyst® 2960 Series Switches WS-C2960G-24TC-L The Cisco® Catalyst® 2960-S and 2960 Series Switches are the leading Layer 2 edge, providing improved ease of use, highly secure business operations, improved sustainability, and a borderless network experience. The Cisco Catalyst 2960-S Series Switches include new Cisco FlexStack switch stacking capability with 1 and 10 Gigabit connectivity, and Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) with the Cisco Catalyst 2960 Switches offering fast Ethernet access connectivity and PoE capabilities. The Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960 Series are fixed-configuration access switches designed for enterprise, midmarket, and branch office networks to provide lower total cost of ownership.
What's new for the Cisco Catalyst 2960-S Series Switches with LAN Base software:
- 10 and 1 Gigabit Ethernet uplink flexibility with Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus (SFP+), providing business continuity and fast transition to 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- 24 or 48 ports of Gigabit Ethernet desktop connectivity
- Cisco FlexStack stacking module with 40 Gbps of throughput, allowing ease of operation with single configuration and simplified switch upgrade
- PoE+ with up to 30W per port that allows you to support the latest PoE+ capable devices
- Power supply options, with 740W or 370W fixed power supplies for PoE+ switches are available
- USB storage for file backup, distribution, and simplified operations
- A wide range of software features to provide ease of operation, highly secure business operations, sustainability, and a borderless network experience
- Limited lifetime hardware warranty, including next-business-day replacement with 90-day service and support
- The Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switches with LAN Base software offer the following:
- Dual-purpose uplinks for Gigabit Ethernet uplink flexibility, allowing use of either a copper or fiber uplink; each dual-purpose uplink port has one 10/100/1000 Ethernet port and one SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet port, with one port active at a time
- 24 or 48 ports of Fast Ethernet desktop connectivity
- PoE configurations with up to 15.4W per port
- A wide range of software features to provide ease of operation, highly secure business operations, sustainability, and a borderless networking experience
- Limited lifetime hardware warranty
The Cisco Borderless Network Architecture delivers the new workspace experience, connecting anyone, anywhere, using any device, to any resource securely, reliably, and transparently. The Cisco Borderless Networks Architecture addresses primary IT and business challenges to help create a truly borderless experience by bringing interactions closer to the employee and customer.
Borderless experience is only possible with intelligent network elements designed and architected to meet the needs of a global workspace. Cisco Network Access is a primary component of this architecture, enabling various borderless network services such as mobility, security, EnergyWise, and ease of operations for increased productivity and operational efficiency.
The Cisco Network Access for Borderless solution focuses on the following primary areas:
- Ease of operations
- Borderless security
- Borderless experience
Sustainability Cisco Catalyst switching solutions enable greener practices through measurable power efficiency, integrated services, and continuous innovations such as Cisco EnergyWise, an enterprisewide solution that monitors and conserves energy with customized policies. Together, Cisco EnergyWise technology and Cisco Catalyst switches reduce greenhouse gas (GhG) emissions and increase energy cost savings and sustainable business behavior. Sustainability features in the Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960 Series Switches include the following features sets:
- Cisco EnergyWise technology
- Efficient switch operation
- Intelligent power management
Cisco EnergyWise Technology Cisco EnergyWise is an innovative architecture, added to fixed-configuration switches, promoting companywide sustainability by reducing energy consumption across an entire corporate infrastructure and affecting more than 50 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions created by worldwide building infrastructure, a much greater effect than the 2 percent generated by the IT industry. Cisco EnergyWise enables companies to measure the power consumption of network infrastructure and network-attached devices and manage power consumption with specific policies, reducing power consumption to realize increased cost savings, potentially affecting any powered device.
EnergyWise encompasses a highly intelligent network-based approach to communicate messages that measure and control energy between network devices and endpoints. The network discovers Cisco EnergyWise-manageable devices, monitors their power consumption, and takes action based on business rules to reduce power consumption. EnergyWise uses a unique domain-naming system to query and summarize information from large sets of devices, making it simpler than traditional network management capabilities. Cisco EnergyWise's management interfaces allow facilities and network management applications to communicate with endpoints and each other using the network as a unifying fabric. The management interface uses standard Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) or TCP to integrate Cisco and third-party management systems. Efficient Switch Operation Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960 Series Switches, designed and engineered by Cisco, provide optimum power saving, low power operations for industry best-in-class power management, and power consumption capabilities. The Cisco Catalyst 2960-S ports are capable of reduced power modes so that ports not in use can move into a lower power utilization state. Intelligent Power Over Ethernet Management The Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series PoE models support the latest PoE devices including Cisco IP phones and Cisco Aironet® WLAN access points, providing up to 15.4W of power per port, as well as any IEEE 802.3af-compliant end device.
- Per Port Power Consumption command allows customers to specify maximum power setting on an individual port
- Cisco Discovery Protocol Version 2 allows switches to negotiate a more granular power setting when connecting to a Cisco powered device such as IP phones or access points than what is provided by IEEE classification
- PoE MIB provides proactive visibility into power usage and allows customers to set different power-level thresholds
- IEEE 802.3af and Cisco Prestandard PoE support comes with automatic discovery to detect a Cisco prestandard or IEEE 802.3af endpoint and provide the necessary power without any user configuration. Per-port PoE power sensing measures the actual power being drawn, enabling more intelligent control of powered devices.
Click for data sheet.