Medline BioCon CUBEscan 700 Bladder Scanner with printer
BioCon CUBEscan 700 Bladder ScannerVolume Quotes Available
Minimize unnecessary catheterization Research has shown that 80 percent of urinary tract infections acquired at healthcare facilities are associated with an indwelling urethral catheter.1 This type of infection is known as CAUTI, or catheter-associated urinary tract infection.
Avoiding unnecessary catheter use is a primary strategy for preventing CAUTI, and clinical guidelines recommend the consideration of alternatives to catheterization.2 Bladder scanners accurately assess bladder volumes, and many urinary catheterizations can be avoided.31. Lo E, Nicolle L, Classen D, Arias A, Podgorny K, Anderson DJ, et al. SHEA/IDSA practice recommendation: strategies to prevent catheter-associated urinary tract infections in acute care hospitals. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008;29:S41-S50. 2. Stokowski, LA. Preventing catheter-associated urinary tract infections. Medscape Nursing Perspectives. February 3, 2009. 3. Stevens E. Bladder ultrasound: avoiding unnecessary catheterizations. Med/Surg Nursing. 2005; 14(4):249-253.
· Compact and portable, the 3-D ultrasound device provides quick, safe and non-invasive measurements of bladder volume and post-void urinary retention (PVR).
· Real-time pre-scan helps improve accuracy, reduce improper scans and save time by viewing the bladder before performing the test.
· Built-in printer facilitates immediate documentation in the chart
· Child, male and female modes
· Voice recording
· High storage capacity - stores up to 700 scans
· 7" TFT-LCD (WVGA) full-color touch screen
· Easy transfer of images and data to a PC and the EMR via an SD card or USB cable· Lightweight scanner can be easily lifted from the stand and used as a handheld device. Additional InformationClick here for a benefits and use videoPlease click on the Multimedia link to see the training video.