Draw-Tite #5500 Activator II Brake Controller for 1 to 4 Axle Trailers
Draw-Tite's Activator II trailer brake control begins applying the trailer's brakes electronically as soon as the tow vehicle's brake pedal is engaged, unlike pendulum models which react to inertia created after the tow vehicle's brakes have already begun to stop. This economically priced brake control is 100% solid state and can be mounted in any position.
- Not recommended for use with BMW X5 Sport Utility Vehicles.
- Output - For ease of adjustment, the output control is located on the front of Activator II. It has a thumb wheel adjustment and its output indicator is a digital display that shows the output when the brakes are applied.
- Sync - The sync control is a slide adjustment located on the side of the controller to syncronize the braking between the tow vehicle and trailer. The sync setting is shown on the Activator II's digital display.
- Manual - The manual control is activated by squeezing the trigger located on the front of Activator II. When applied, it will illuminate both the tow vehicle and trailer's stop lights as required by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration regulations.
- Installation - Since Activator II has no moving parts or pendulums to adjust, it can be mounted in virtually any position and requires no leveling - ever. The slim, compact design and contoured shape are combined to provide more under-dash clearance. A conventional four wire hook-up is illustrated in easy-to-follow instructions. Click Here to find a custom fit brake control harness for your vehicle.