WINGS 32 is a powerful keel and rudder design tool that is capable of creating virtually any shape keel or rudder. WINGS 32 is based on the powerful editing and display functions used in PROLINES 98 and later versions! WINGS 32 incorporates the latest in Vacanti Yacht Design AUTOMATED "Parametric Design" tools. Click FILE, NEW, enter desired dimensions, add AUTOMATIC BULB and /or MOUNTING FLANGE and WINGS 32 generates a perfect keel or rudder instantly with your preselected foils.
In particular, WINGS 32 is capable of creating bulbed keels made up of up to 50 foils, placed Anywhere on the keel or Rudder Span!. WINGS provides a NURB SURFACE that is used to define the keel or rudder. The surface maybe made up of curves or sharp breaks as desired. Thickness distribution along the Keel or Rudder is defined in the Front or Body view of the planform. The designer can set thickness for each foil used. The original DOS WINGS has been used extensively throughout the world and has proven itself as a race winner at the grand prix level. We are very proud to introduce this new 32 Bit Windows version.
- NACA, NASA and Proprietary Foils Designed in FOIL.Create virtually any shape keel or rudder
- NURB Spline SURFACE NURB Surface to define both the outer edge and thickness
- Nouse Controlled Position Points
- Quick Creation of a General Keel/Rudder to give more time to fine tune
- Hydrodynamic and Ballast Calculations
- Wetted Surface and frontal area (cause drag) calculations
- Projected Area, Center of Volume, and Center of Gravity Calculations
- Rudder Weight Calculation
- Hydrodynamic and ballast calculation print feature
- CNC NURB SURFACE Export for High Accuracy Machining
The same easy point, click and drag features are also used to modify the thickness in Front View. WINGS provides extensive calculations for wetted area, frontal area, aspect ratio, wetted surface, projected surface, center of gravity, center of volume or bouyancy and center of area and plot them graphically. Multiple ballast values of any density may be used to compute over all weight.
* Blend different foil shapes along the span
* Foil shapes from pick list.
* Enter your own proprietary foils
* More than 35 NACA and NASA foils included
* Accepts foils designed with the program FOIL
* Unlimited number of output offsets selected by spacing or quantity.
* Calculate Area, Wetted Area, Frontal Area, Volume, Center of Volume, Center of Area, Center of Gravity.
* Output 2D or 3D DXF files for use in CAD programs
* Use mouse or Keys to move B-Spline Vertices when editing shape or thickness.