Rittel's Kwik-N-EZE Tanning Solution 1 gal
Rittel's Kwik-N-EZE Tanning Solution. This is a one step, paint on type tanning agent and oil combination, an ideal choice for taxidermy work. Tans all skins and is easy to use. Produces a white, leathered, washable skin that is very durable. Even works on snakeskin. 1 Quart will do 4 northern deer skins
For tanning all furs, hair and wool-on skins. An excellent choice for Taxidermy work. KWIK-N-EZE produces a soft, stretchy white leather. Safe for the environment and all ages.
KNE-10 is mildly acidic. It is not intended to be taken internally. If ingested, induce vomiting and seek medical help.
This is RITTEL’s “kwiky” method for using KNE-10 for Taxidermy purposes. Use only Plastic or Glass containers – no Metal.
2. Salt and Dry the cape or skin
3. Rehydrate it using a Salt brine or RITTEL’s US-609
4. Pickle the cape or skin in a Saftee Acid Pickle for 3 days.
5. Remove drain and shave the cape or skin. Return it to the Pickle for 24 hours more. Remove and rinse.
6. Neutralize in a Baking Soda bath using 1 oz. of SB-207 to each 1 gallon of Water needed. Rinse well. Drain.
7. Shake your bottle of KNE-10. Apply KWIK-N-EZE to the flesh side of the cape or skin. Now fold the cape or skin and set aside for 3-4 hours to sweat in the tan.
8. Tumble the skin or cape for 5 minutes in sawdust to remove excess moisture. Blow it off, and mount of freeze for later mounting.