E40 WHITE TINY 8mm Recycled Glass Mosaic Tile by Elementile are sold by the 1/4 pound (approximately 175 tiles). These tiny tiles are just 5/16 inch (8mm) and are our recommended material for micromosaic projects, yet they are hard and durable enough for commercial installation outdoors. The tiles are opaque, glossy and have solid color throughout. They contain 97% recycled glass fused with metal oxide pigments for brilliant color.
Use our Quick Order Checklist to order rapidly using a list which can be sorted by category.Elementile Tiny 8mm Recycled Glass Mosaic Tile Cutting Tile
All the recycled glass tile cuts extremely well with the mosaic glass cutters that we sell. In fact, the homogeneous nature of the recycled glass means that if cuts better than most types of glass tile and produces more useful pieces and less splinters and dust. For this reason, we highly recommend Elementile for micromosaic art. One tile can be cut into 4 quarters that are more or less cube-like and very small.Product Specifications
- Price is per 1/4 pound, which is approximately 175 tiles.
- Each TILE is 8 mm or 5/16 inch.
- Made from 97% RECYCLED glass.
- Pigments: colorfast metal oxide.
- Solid color throughout.
- Coverage: 175 loose tiles will cover 0.14 sq ft. with a grout spacing of about 1/32 inch.
- Coverage: 1224 loose tiles will cover 1 square feet with a grout spacing of about 1/32 inch.
- Extremely hard.
- Cuts relatively easily with mosaic glass cutters.
- Thickness: approximately 4mm or 1/8 inch.
- Can be cut into 4 quarters to form irregular cube-like shapes 4mm x 4mm x 4mm.
- Heat, frost and chemical resistant.
- Suitable for both commercial and residential installation, indoors and out.
Tile thickness is 1/8 inch nominal, the same as the 3/8-inch and 3/4-inch glass mosaic tile we sell, but the faces of the Elementile are rounded while the faces of the vitreous and metallic are flat. We don't recommend using these tiles with the flat-faced tile. In general, figurative mosaics made mostly from WHOLE uncut tile usually look best when you stick to one size tile instead of mixing sizes.Use in Mosaic Art
The color consistency of the recycled glass products make them ideal for fine art mosaic and photo-realist portaiture. Also significant is the selection of colors in the recycled glass palette, which are more like that of the canonical hues of artist oil paint and less like the arbitrary colors of most lines or architectural tile. In short, these tiles are the next generation of mosaic, and they were designed for art moreso than monochromatic area coverage.More Information
For more information on how to design mosaics and use tile to create artwork, see our page of Frequently Asked Questions or our List of How-To-Mosaic Pages, which are topic specific.
Return to Top