Subaru Robin 6hp OHV Powersport Engine
- The engine fits in the minibike and gokarts we sell. Also, gas tank may be removed for installation in a custom minibike frame if you are using a separate gas tank.
- This engine bolts right onto most go karts and mini bikes without any modifications. *3/4" diameter, 2-1/4" long keyed crankshaft
- Centrifugal Clutches and Torque Converters for 3/4" diameter crankshafts will fit this engine.
- 4 Tapped bolt holes around crankshaft. Our Torq-A-Verter kits will bolt up to this engine. Chain guards, etc...will also bolt to it.
- Soft pull starter - less pulling effort required to start.
- Set up with a spring-loaded throttle return. This is a factory designed throttle return system for a Go Kart or Minibike to allow the throttle cable to return properly
NOTE: Not just any engine can be used on a Go Kart or Minibike. This engine is factory designed to be used on Go Karts or Minibikes. It has the Throttle Hookup and Spring Return mechanism to help prevent the throttle from sticking in the ON position, a common problem when using a Utility Engine.
Lawn Mower and Utility Engines from other suppliers may cause you to have unwanted problems such as these:
They may not have the proper spring-loaded throttle return for the throttle cable
The crankshaft may be the wrong length and a standard clutch will not fit
The side cover may not have a standard bolt pattern for adding chain guards, Torq-a-Verter kits, etc.
It may also be completely under-powered because of the RPM range of the engine
Engine Family Overview: With six models ranging from 4.5- to 14-horsepower, the Subaru overhead cam engines lead the industry in technology offering more power, less noise and easy, one pull starting every time. Introduced as the first air-cooled engine line to use advanced chain-driven overhead cam technology, the Subaru EX Series provides maximum efficiency, performance and power with minimal noise and emissions. The engine design is extremely compatible and easy to install, and simply exchanges with most existing slant cylinder engines.
- Pent Roof Combustion Chamber
- Low Operating Temperature
- 3-year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Aluminum alloy blocks with cast iron cylinder liner
- Electronic ignition with automatic timing adjustment
- Dual ball bearing supported crankshaft
- Automatic decompression system
- Splash type lubrication
- Fewer moving valve train parts than OHV designs
- Patent-pending 360-degree airflow cooling design
- Heavy-duty piston rings
- Case-hardened steel timing chain