Simpson ECC76 End Column CapThese products are available with additional corrosion protection. Additional products on this page may also be available with this option, check with Simpson Strong-Tie for details.
- Uplift loads have been increased for wind or earthquake with no further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- Down loads may not be increased for short-term loading and shall not exceed the post capacity. See Post Capacities for common post allowable loads.
- CC uplift loads do not apply to splice conditions.
- Splice conditions with CC's must be detailed by the Designer to transfer tension loads between spliced members by means other than the column cap.
- Column sides are assumed to lie in the same vertical plane as the beam sides. CC4.62 models assume a minimum 3 1/2" wide post.
- Structural composite lumber columns have sides that show either the wide face or the edges of the lumber strands/veneers. Values in the tables reflect installation into the wide face. See technical bulletin T-SCLCOLUMN for values on the narrow face (edge).
- Beam depth must be at least as tall as H1.
- For 5 1/4" engineered lumber, use CC 6X or ECC 6X models.
- CCO welded to steel column will achieve same load as CC. Steel column width shall not be less than beam width. Weld by Designer.
Column caps provide a high capacity connection for column-beam combinations.
Material: CC3 1/4, CC44, CC46, CC48, CC4.62, CC64, CC66, CC68, CC6-7 1/8, ECC3 1/4, ECC44, ECC46, ECC48, ECC4.62, ECC64, ECC66, ECC68, ECC6-7 1/8—7 gauge; all others—3 gauge
Finish: Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint; may be ordered HDG; CCO, ECCO—no coating
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Bolt holes shall be a minimum of 1/32" to a maximum of 1/16" larger than the bolt diameter (per 2005 NDS, section 11.1.2).
- Contact engineered wood manufacturers for connections that are not through the wide face.
- Straps may be rotated 90° where W1≥W2 (see illustration).
- For special, custom, or rough cut lumber sizes, provide dimensions. An optional W2 dimension may be specified with any column size given (note that the W2 dimension on straps rotated 90° is limited by the W1 dimension).
- CCO/ECCO—Column cap only (no straps) may be ordered for field-welding to pipe or other columns. CCO/ECCO dimensions are the same as CC/ECC.
- CCOB—Any two CCOs may be specified for back-to-back welding to create a cross beam connector. Use the table loads; the load is no greater than the lesser element employed.