TRABT1420 - Antenex Phantom Low Profile 142-160MHz VHF Unity Gain Tunable Antenna (Black) with Patented Field Diversity
The original patented Phantom Field Diversity low profile antenna sets industry standard that can not be duplicated.
The Antenex Original Phantom low profile antenna requires a standard NMO mount. Most NMO mounts are installed by drilling a hole in the roof of your vehicle (roof must be metal). The cable is then routed under the headliner to the cellphone's location. This provides for an excellent ground plane and very solid permanent installation. Trunk lip mounts are also available.
Note: This antenna features a tunable frequency range of 142-160MHz with a 1MHz bandwidth. What this means is that the antenna can be tuned to any 1MHz band within the range of 142-160MHz.
- Field tunable (requires VSWR meter on radio) within 142MHz to 160MHz range
- Multiple NMO mounting options are available (sold separately)
- Metal ground plane required
- Patented Field Diversity US Patent Numbers 45,977,931 and 6,292,156
- Patented PC Board radiator
- Phantom patented true field diversity design ensures uninterrupted transmissions in urban canyons and rural drop off areas - counteracts signal fading in reflective or mobile environments
- Solid construction: ABS material is injection molded directly around the solid brass insert and all silver soldered joints
- Specified by public safety, military, utility and transportation providers and installed on Apache, Black Hawk and Chinook helicopters and Humvee and Bradley military vehicles around the world.
- See mount options drop down above or contact us for other options.
- Antenex VHF Phantom Tuning Instructions (PDF)
- What is Phantom Field Diversity technology and what does 3dBMEG mean? (PDF)
SpecificationsPart NumberTRABT1420Frequency Range142-160Mhz, Field tunable (1MHz Bandwidth)Impedance50 OhmsAntenna GainUnityRadiationOmniPolarizationCross PolarizedGround PlaneMetal Ground Plane Required (18" minimum radius recommended)Height3.3"Width3.25"ColorBlackMountNMO Mount (Sold Separately)
Antenex VHF antennas are special ordered to your frequency band and tuning requirements. Because of this, VHF antenna orders, while fully warranted, are not cancellable or returnable. Please allow 3 to 5 days for the antennas to be built.